Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Landon's diagnoses



Landon in his cage





So last Thursday Landon and I headed up to Knoxville for his 24 hour EEG and CT scan. We checked in and waited a couple of hours in our room till they were ready to attach all the wires to his head. Oh what fun that was... After that we went back to his cage I mean crib and just chilled. I had brought his excersaucer with us so that he wouldn't be couped up in his crib all day or me holding him. I wasn't about to let him crawl around on the hospital floor. It was hard because I had to keep a camera on him at all times. The camera only swiveled so he could only go about 180 degrees from his crib. He also had his wires and little fanny pack we had to take were ever he went. He didn't sleep very well that night, but it was to be expected since he had a tail of wires coming from his head.
So the next day the doctor briefly looked over the EEG and said it is still not infantile spasms but it is a benign form of the infantile spasms called infant myoclonic epilepsy. He should grow out of them by the time he is 3, if not sooner. So that was a relief! But he does still have a high chance of developing epilepsy as a teen. Well after the doctor told me, she said that a CT scan was not necessary but I insisted since we were already there and since I have a sister who had a brain tumor, so I wanted it done just to be on the safe side. Once again we were blessed and it came out normal. Doctor K wants to put him on anti seizure medicine but I'm not to sure if I want him on it since it is something he will grow out of anyways. We have another appointment towards the end of the month so I guess I will discuss that with her then.

1 comment:

  1. PHEW!
    That REALLY does look like a cage though! What's with the metal?
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete