Monday, June 28, 2010

camping in the smokies

So we went camping for the first time this weekend with kids and some close friends of ours.. Well needless to say we won't be doing that again till the kids are teenagers. I myself really enjoy camping but Josh on the other hand is not a fan. I had bought us a really nice tent too. It was called a 3 room lodge. Basically it had a large middle room with a room on each side, separated with a thin layer of nylon material.LOL. But hey it was nice and spacious. We stayed at the camp ground in Cades Cove in the Smokie Mountain National Park. It was really nice and it had bathrooms, but no showers. So we were all really stinky and sticky for 2 days. We were supposed to stay Friday night and Saturday night but by the end of Saturday the kids, Josh, and I had finally had it. We did have fun on Saturday though. We went to a little area with a rocky beach so the kids and adults could play in the water. Then that evening we went on a hayride around Cades Cove. Our tour guide's name was Pork Chop. Yep that's right you heard me. I was trying to take a picture of his name tag but he had something better, he had a tattoo to prove it! So I of course took a picture of that. When we got back from the hay ride we decided to pack everything up and head home. We didn't get in till around 12:30am that night. I was sooooo tired I just wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep but I decided too take a shower to get the sweat and stink off first. Well that was our little family adventure. It will definitely be awhile before we attempt camping with the kids again. Enjoy the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment