Monday, June 28, 2010

Cumin Grilled Pork Chops

This weekend when we went camping we went on a hay ride. Our tour guide's name was Pork Chop. So in honor of Pork Chop I wanted to post this tasty little recipe. These chops are so juicy and good that they taste like steak. So this one goes out to you Pork Chop!

6 center cut, boneless pork chops
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c soy sauce
1/4 c worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste 
Place the pork chops in a casserole dish laying flat.
Next mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
Puncture the pork chops with a fork all over.
Pour the marinade on top of the chops.
Refrigerate the chops for 4-6 hours, flipping them over once while marinating them.
Remove from the fridge the last hour before grilling.
Grill on med-low for about 5 min on each side or until cooked trough. *I always spoon on the marinade too while they are cooking* (discard marinade when your finished cooking)

5 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of pork chops, but if you say they taste like steak then I'm all game! Bonus, I have all the ingredients in my cupboard to make the marinade. Thanks Leah. I think these will go nicely with the ranch potatoes and maybe some roasted veggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sooooo funny. I had pork chops in the fridge to make tonight but couldn't figure out how. :) Now, I guess I know and I'll let you know. The only thing that would make me NOT make them would be if I don't have cumin.....(and I don't want to run to the store w/ the gang today)....and I'm assuming that's pretty important, considering the name. :)
    PS- loved the article btw. That is sooooo cool about your g-ma's pie shop. Is that where you got the watermelon recipe from (which I haven't tried yet because I need to get a g-crust, but I WILL THIS WEEKEND! Can't wait to try it. I have to try it when we eat w/ others because Brooks and Iris can't have dairy (whipped cream)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually found the watermelon pie recipe online and just couldn't resist making it! My mom is sending me a whole bunch of my Granny's recipes. I can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those were probably the BEST pork chops I've ever had! Period. And we even cooked them on the FOREMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete