Monday, June 21, 2010

Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp


These shrimp are mighty tasty and easy to make. You have to make the dipping sauce too! I must say, since I don't drink I felt a little awkward buying the beer. I guess I must look old too because the guy didn't even card me :( I used uncooked, deveined, and peeled frozen shrimp and I thawed it. Fresh shrimp is good too but it's hard to come by in Tennessee. Enjoy!

4 eggs
1 c beer
3 tsp creole seasoning
1 1/4 c flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
48 lg shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails
1 bag coconut, shredded
2 c oil
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
2 c orange marmalade
1/4 c dijon mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp horseradish

Combine eggs, beer, 1 teaspoon creole seasoning, flour and baking powder.

Blend well.

Dip the shrimp in beer batter and roll in coconut.

Fry in oil heated to 350 in deep fryer, wok or deep saucepan.

The oil should be at least 1-1/2" deep.

Drop shrimp in a few at a time and fry until golden brown.

Remove and drain on paper towel.

SAUCE - Blend together dipping sauce ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment