Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Filipino Chicken Adobo

My sister-in-law is Filipino and made this dish one night for dinner for me. I fell in love! The meat just falls off the bone when you eat it! I have tweaked this recipe a bit to my liking and now you can enjoy it too!

3-4 lb chicken wings and drummets thawed
1 1/2 c vinegar
1 1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c water
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
6 Tbsp brown sugar
8 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp ground ginger
5 bay leaves

Directions:
In a large pot combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer (med low) for about 45 min.
Take the lid off the pot and let simmer for about 15 minutes longer. Serve over rice (Calrose is my favorite!)

2 comments:

  1. very cool leah. i just found this blog when i was looking at cheyenne's dinner posts. so i have a question. do you take requests? im stressing this year about all of the giveaway plates i have to make for everybody (home teachers, visiting teachers, people you visit, people your husband visits, people you serve with, neighbors etc.) i just want some new ideas. what are you making this year? how much do you give? suggestions on simplifying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do take request! I like making fudge, pralines, etc... Last year I made the hot cocoa recipe I posted on here and put it in cute Christmas tins and gave them to the people I visit teach. They really loved them! It saves you from baking all December. The recipe is under the drinks categories. You can get some cute tins at the dollar tree too!

    ReplyDelete