Monday, December 6, 2010

Peppermint Marshmallow Popcorn



Doesn't this stuff look GOOOOOOD?!? I tasted this oooeey goooey goodness for the first time courtesy of my best friend Brooke. I told her that I HAD to have the recipe. This stuff is seriously addicting! It's like Christmas in your mouth! It makes a big batch! Anytime I have family in town I make it so I don't eat the whole batch myself. It is the perfect Christmas treat! You can eat it all year long substitute the candy cane for  heath bits, Recesses pieces, m&m's etc.. Watch out now! I bet you can't eat just one bite!

Ingredients: 
1/2 c butter
1/2 c margarine
1/2 c corn syrup, light
1 tsp vanilla
1 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows ( if you can't find a 16 oz bag just use 1 1/2 bags of the 10.5 oz)
2 gallons of air popped popcorn (or 3 bags of microwave popcorn,use very light butter)
30   miniature candy canes, crushed
1 1/3 c sugar

Directions:

melt butter and margarine in a pot. add the sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla. Boil for 5 minutes of med heat.
layer the pop corn, candy canes and marshmallows in a large bowl or pot.
Pour the sauce over and mix well with a large spoon. It can bet hard to stir this sticky goodness but it is worth it! You can add more popcorn till it is the consistency you want.
When you are done mixing pour it onto wax paper and spread it out to cool. You can store it in gallon zip lock bags.











    

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this recipe!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You HAVE to post sweet recipes! It's CHRISTMAS!!!!! I can't wait ti try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this one! I think I lost the copy I wrote down from Brooke and I've been wanting some like something fierce! lol

    ReplyDelete