Thursday, December 30, 2010

Light n Krispy Belgian Waffles

Growing up we would always have breakfast for dinner on Sunday nights. I continue that tradition with my family. I came up with this yummy little waffle recipe that my kids love! There are so many kinds of mix-ins you can add to it! This makes 6-7 Belgian waffles.

Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
2 c milk
2 c all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp cream of coconut
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten

Directions:
1)Preheat waffle maker.
2)Put all ingredients except egg whites in large mixer bowl. Beat on low until moistened. Increase to medium, mix until smooth.
3)By hand, gently fold in beaten egg whites.
4)Spray the waffle maker with cooking spray.Pour 3/4 cup batter over grids. Close waffle maker, bake until steam no longer escapes, about 3-5 minutes or until your light goes off on your iron. Repeat. Serve hot with your favorite topping.
*Optional mix-ins: Blueberry Waffles: Fold 2 c. fresh blueberries into batter. Pour 3/4 cup batter over grids. Bake until golden.,Chocolate Chip Waffles: Fold 1 cup chocolate chips into batter. Bake as directed. I also like to use blueberry or strawberry syrup! YUMMO!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. WE have breakfast for dinner sunday nights as well!!!! I just do it so I don't have to think of a dinner meal and I can get my Sunday nap in. :) Do you think these would still be just as good w/o the cream of coconut? I've never heard of it! Is it by the cream of tartar type things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally make these with out the Cream of coconut! Cream of coconut is just a really cream coconut sauce like substance. It is really good! I just threw that in there for more flavor. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete