Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Candy Christmas Wreaths

I know that this is the 3rd sweet recipe in a row that I have posted but I couldn't help myself but post this one today. My kids and I made a batch and had a lot of fun. Besides it's Christmas time we are supposed to gorge ourselves with sweets right? I am the youngest of 5 kids. So growing up this is what we would give our teachers at Christmas time. This is an inexpensive yummy treat and present. My kids love to make their own and eat them. I could not find the cinnamon red hots this year so I substituted them with red m&ms.

Indgredients:
1 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows
1 c butter (2 sticks)
2 tsp vanilla extract
7 c corn flakes
4 tsp green food coloring ( or till you get the shade you want)
small red cinnamon candies or red m&ms

Directions:
1)In a large pot melt the butter, then add the marshmallows, melt those.
2)Stir the butter and marshmallows together. Add the vanilla and food coloring till you get the shade of green you want.
3)Pour in the cornflakes and mix well till it is covered pretty good.
4)Grease your hands with butter. drop onto waxed paper and shape. If the kids are working with you make sure you let it cool just a little bit before they work with it. Just don't wait too long or it will harden. This batch makes two 9 in wreaths or several small ones.
Jadas sweet wreath! You can tell she really likes the berries!

Lovin' his wreath

Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment