Friday, November 5, 2010

Just a Pinch Lunch

I returned late last night from Nashville where the Justapinch.com lunch was held. It was so awesome to go to.  Jaime and I arrived early so that she could interview Janet and the rest of the kitchen crew. It was so cool to finally meet Janet in person. Janet is the head cook of the site that test all the recipes. Her daughter in law helps test them also. I was able to ask questions that I had been curious about, judging, how they pick blue ribbon recipes and such. I felt very special because they were serving my Blue ribbon winning Cumin Pork Chops there for the entree. They even gave me a JAP chef's hat!  They had front row seats reserved for Jaime and I to sit in.  It was like a family reunion. I was finally able to meet some other friends that I had made on the site. I knew my friend Debbie was coming but I had no clue that my friend Dan was coming. It was funny because he walked up to me and said aren't you Leah? I said yes. He said it's me Dan. It was hard at first to recognize him at first because in his profile pic on the site he had sun glasses on. I said is this "hambone" Dan? He said yes! (hambone is is nic name on there). I was able to chat with Debbie and Dan when it was done and take a pic. It was fun to chat about other members on the site that we are friends with especially about this old lady that it always hitting on Dan. Her name is Jewel and she is from Coleman AL. She is so cute and funny and always brags about being Miss Sr. Alabama. We were talking about how fun it would be to have a big lunch with all our friends that we have made on the site.
    I was sad to leave my new friends and my old friend Jaime but happy to come home and see my cute little one's faces this morning. I know that they had a blast hanging out with their Aunt Susannah. I am very grateful that she came up to help me so I could attend the lunch. I hope that there will be more JAP lunches that I can attend in the future!
Me with Janet, Marie (the salad contest winner) and Jan the MC and the cake contest winner.

Marie preparing her salad and Jan talking about how great JAP is.
My new friends Dan, Debbie and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment