Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ammon's Pirate Birthday Partee...and such!

We went to Bamaland (that what Josh likes to call it)  for a visit with the fam. It was actually enjoyable this time because Josh came along. I couldn't tell you the last time we all went to visit family together. We stayed at my parents house for 3 nights and then at Josh's Aunts and uncles house for 3 nights. While we were there we had a great BBQ and swim party at my parent's and brothers house. (please note that my parents and my brother live next door so we swim at my brother's but eat at my parents.) Anyway then Sunday night we watch the fireworks that the city does which is really nice because now they do them up the street from my parent's house so we just make our merry way up the hill and sit out some blankets in a field and get eaten up by misquetos while watching the show. It is really nice not to have to get stuck in that traffic coming and going from the fireworks show! Then the next couple of nights we were up in B-ham visiting Josh's family. Josh's aunt Terri was so nice, she let us have an early birthday party for Ammon at her house. It was really great! We had my family and Josh's family there to celebrate. We did a pirate theme that I threw together at the last minute. While we were out of town our cruise control died on our van too. Luckily it was still under full warranty. It was only 200 miles till it was out of warranty too! So we got that fixed. We didn't have a car for a day in a half but it wasn't too bad because Josh's mom and Granny live right around the corner so we just walked to their house when needed. But when we got back in town we weren't so lucky. Our A/C broke when we were away and our thermostat read 89 degrees when we walked in. We just got it replaced today. So I went  4 1/2 days with no AC and there were times that it said that it was 86 in the house, even with the windows open and fans on. We ended up hanging in the basement a lot. It was about 5 to 10 degrees cooler down there. Well anyway besides the AC thing we had a good 4th of July visit.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pirate theme for a little boys birthday! You did a great job with the party from the looks of these pictures. I'm glad you got to see "the fam" but I'm sad we missed you up in TN. =(

    ReplyDelete