Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Breakfast Lasagna



Difficulty: Easy
Preheat: 350
Cook time: 20 min
Serves: 6

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup milk
6 egg Yolks (no whites)
1 1/2 tsp French vanilla extract(you can use vanilla but french vanilla is sooo much better)
6 frozen waffles (thawed)
6 frozen pancakes (thawed)
1 small container of blue berries
3 cups of fresh strawberries (sliced)

Directions:
1. In a 2 quart sauce pan combine the sugar, flour, salt and milk over medium heat. Cook stirring until mixture thickens, about 5 min.

2. In a small bowl beat the egg yolks slightly and slowly add to milk mixture. Stirring constantly, cook till thickened. Remove from heat and add vanilla and stir; set aside till ready to use or you can chill it it in the fridge.

3. TO ASSEMBLE: Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Place a thin layer of pastry cream in 9x13 pan.

4. Add waffles and cover with 1/2 of cream spreading evenly.

5. Mix 1/2 strawberries with half of the blueberries and layer on top of cream.

6. Top with pancakes and spread the rest of the strawberries and blueberries on top.

7. Top with remaining cream evenly spread.

8. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

4 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! You are too nice for sharing all your recipes. I'm such a brat and don't share! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Is it weird combining pancakes and waffles? Have you done just waffles on both layers before!!! I've never seen a breakfast casserole like this. I'm soooooo going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa I have not done it using both waffles but I'm sure it will taste just fine! Megan I use to be a brat too about my recipes but I've gotten over it. I guess I would like everyone to eat as well as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. don't forget to vote in my poll on what kind of recipe you want me to post next!

    ReplyDelete