Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Best Coleslaw!


This is my most favorite Cole Slaw. I tend to be a coleslaw snob so you know that is has to be GOOD! I got the recipe from a book that has Charleston, SC restaurant recipes in it. This is from Hyman's Seafood. I even ate there when I visited and it was yummy! I hope you enjoy this super easy recipe.

2 bags of cut up coleslaw cabbage (you can get what ever kind you prefer)

1/2 cup relish

1 tsp. celery seed

1/2 cup Mayo

1/3 cup mustard

1/2 cup sugar

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. You will probably think that that can't be enough ingredients to cover all the cabbage mix but it is. I always make mine the night before so that the slaw has time to absorb and marinate. stick in the fridge and let it chill overnight. The next day you will notice that it has shrunk quite a bit but that's normal. Stir it real well again and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Leah you are awesome!!! That was really good coleslaw. It is really nice of you to share some of your recipes. I get really tired of my old ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made this for Chad's family who is particular about their coleslaw and they really liked it. Plus I enjoyed it and I am not a huge fan of coleslaw. Thanks Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisa I'm glad that you and your family liked it!

    ReplyDelete