Thursday, February 3, 2011

Easy Cheesy Crawfish Dip

With the Super Bowl coming up I thought that I would post this yummy little dip. I'm bringing it to a Super Bowl Party on Sunday.This dip is so full of flavor. Even people who don't like seafood love this dip. It is a favorite in my house for sure! I don't have easy access to fresh crawfish so I just use the frozen ones.

INGREDIENTS:
 1/2 c butter (1stick)
2 bunches of green onions, chopped
2 T fresh parsley, chopped
1lb peeled crawfish
1Tbsp all purpose flour
1 egg yolk, beaten
1   5oz can of evaporated milk
1lb velveta cheese, cubed
salt and pepper to taste
tabasco sauce to taste 

Directions:
1)Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in green onions, and cook briefly. Add parsley and crawfish, and simmer about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour.


2)In a small bowl, mix together egg yolk and evaporated milk. Stir into crawfish, and reduce heat to medium-low. 
 
3)Gradually add cheese cubes, stirring continuously until the cheese has melted. 
 
4)Season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Remove from heat. Let it stand a little before serving that way it has time to thicken just a bit. 
 
5)You can serve this in a small crock pot or in a nice bowl. I like to use the scoop chips with this dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment