Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taco Soup with Hominy

This taste soooo good! It is perfectly seasoned and a nice change of pace from the traditional taco soup. I always cook it in my crock pot so that the flavors have time to marinate. Enjoy!


1 lb ground chuck, cooked
1 1/2 envelopes of ranch seasoning. or if you buy it in bulk like me then about 5 tablespoons
1 envolope dry taco seasoning        (I  prefer mccormick)
3 can(s) (12 oz) each rotel tomatoes, undrained
1 can(s) pinto beans (undrained)
1 can(s) black beans (undrained)
1 can(s) hominey( you can use white or yellow) undrained
1 can(s) corn (undrained)
1 can(s) (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 onion, chopped
1 c water

Brown meat in skillet.
While meat is cooking, chop the onion and open all the cans and pour the ingredients into slow cooker.
Drain the meat and place in slow cooker. Mix well. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
*pair it with some tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that DOES look good! I should know better then to look at your blog when I'm hungry!
    BTW- I like your new background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! This is super easy to make and it freezes well too!

    ReplyDelete