Thursday, October 14, 2010

I've turned into THAT old lady...

Yes that old lady! Maybe not physically yet but mentally. So as most of you may know I live out in the country. When I say country I mean you can go outside and hear cows mooing at night and a donkey hehawing too. I love it out here! I even have a beautiful view out my living room window. Now I have lived in this house for over 4 years and have never had a problem with noisy teenagers but lately I could seriously pull a Gran Terino on a particular one. He better watch out because I do own a gun and I know how to use it too! LOL So he lives at the very end of our neighborhood in a trailer behind his grandpa's house. I'm thinking he is maybe 19? He works with his grandpa at that auto repair place at the beginning of our neighborhood. I guess he has been saving up his repair shop pay checks and bought himself a really loud sub woofer. He has a friend that lives in my neighborhood and he thinks it is really cool to boom his base and drive around the neighborhood to pick his friend up. Now this happens several times a day and night. He wakes my kids up and I am so fed up with it. Last night I decided to call the police. Now I had to call twice because the first time they just didn't send anyone out here. I guess this wasn't a priority to them. I bet it would be if it was their kids not sleeping. So at 10pm last night they finally made their merry way here and told me that there is no noise ordinance out here and they really couldn't do anything about it. Of course by the time they got here he had stopped playing the music. At night you can hear him playing it at his house all the way to my house. It is THAT loud. The lady cop said that she actually knew the kid and said that his girl friend is pregnant and so he won't be doing it too much longer. Yeah right!
       Now let me back up a little bit. A couple of weeks ago when it first started I went down to where he parks his truck and was going to confront him in person to ask him kindly to turn down his music. By the time I got down there he was no where to be found. So I wrote him a nice note just asking him to have the courtesy to turn down his music while driving in the neighborhood. I have kids and yada yada yada. Well I thought that worked because I didn't hear it after that for a bit. I was thinking wow that worked I'm glad that he cares about other folks children. He had been driving around without a tag and as soon as he got one I guess he thought well they can't touch me now and now he plays it even louder. So now you can see why I called the cops out last night. And they were no help at all. So apparently people in town get to have peace and quiet but those in the country do not. I don't get that concept at all. The lady cop told me to talk to the grandpa because the kid listens to him. I told the cop why doesn't he tell him to turn it down. She said that he doesn't hear very well so I guess he doesn't hear it? Wow he must be deaf. That also explains why he couldn't hear my breaks squeaking when I brought him my car to fix. So today I am going to drive down there and have a chat with the old man. I hope it works. One of my main concerns it that when I'm selling my house that a potential buyer might hear that crap and not want to live here. Well wish this old lady luck! 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment