Thursday, May 20, 2010

mama's easy peach cobbler


This is such an easy recipe! I guess I'm starting to see a pattern here with my cooking. I like easy things that are DELISH! So here is another favorite recipe that I KNOW you will LOVE!



Preheat oven to 350

1 stick of margarine or butter

1 1/2 cup flour

1 1/2 cup sugar

1 TBL of baking powder

1/4 tsp of salt

1 cup of milk

2 cans of peaches drained or 1 can of peach pie filling and 1 can of peaches drained

another 1/4 cup of sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)

Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish. Combine dry ingredients and mix with milk.
pour over melted butter. DO NOT MIX BUTTER WITH THE MILK MIXTURE!
Spoon in fruit on top of the batter. Sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup of sugar on top.

Bake uncovered for 45 to 1 hour. It usually only takes 45 minutes to cook in my oven.

Enjoy hot or it is also really good cooled. Goes great with ice cream or whip topping!

1 comment:

  1. so I'm making your famous cobbler tonight and didn't thoroughly read the directions and added the full amount of sugar to the dry ingredient, milk mixture... I hope this turn out ok still, cause my husband is a peach cobbler snob and I told him how good this one was.... I'm crossing my fingers...

    ReplyDelete