Saturday, June 11, 2011

Coconut Lime Talapia

I love seafood but I'm not a fishy fish person. Ok basically that means that I don't like fish that taste too fishy. One of the fish that I enjoy cooking and eating that isn't too fishy is talapia. One of my favorite talapia recipes is one that I came up with one night. I love coconut and limes so I decided to just mix the 2 together. It taste great! I've made this recipe several times and have finally tweaked it enough to finally share it with y'all. I think next time I might grill it in a foil pack. I hope you enjoy this super easy and yummy recipe!

INGREDIENTS:

4 talapia, filets
Salt and pepper
1 lg lime, finely grated zest and juiced
1 to 2 Tbsp cream of coconut
2 Tbsp butter, divided



DIRECTIONS:

1)  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2)  Rinse and pat dry the fish. Place on the cookie sheet.
3)  Zest the lime and set a side. Salt and pepper one side of fish and drizzle half the lime juice on the fillets. Flip over and repeat. Sprinkle the zest on the top of the fillets.
4)  Brush on the cream of coconut evenly onto each fillet.
5)  Place half a tablespoon pat of butter onto each fish. (I like to cut the pats of butter up in fours to cover them on the fish more evenly).
6)  Cook in the oven for 10-12min.

TIP: I like to drizzle the extra juices from the cookie sheet onto my fish when they are done cooking!

1 comment: