Friday, May 6, 2011

Drum Roll Please...... and the winner is ME!

So I am a member of an awesome recipe club called www.justapinch.com. Well they have recipe contest quarterly. Around Christmas time I was first runner up for my buttermilk pie. I got a blue ribbon but I didn't win. So the latest one was a breakfast challenge contest and I got a call 2 weeks ago saying that I WON! I was so excited! What exactly did I win you ask? Well I won 2 round trip tickets to Nashville, they pick me up in a Limo, they pay for 2 nights hotel accommodations, they take me to dinner, I get Grand Ole Opry tickets, I get to cook in front of a live studio audience and I get a $1000 shopping spree to the Viking kitchen store! 1000 bucks people! That is BIG time! LOL I am very excited for this! I will be going June 3rd for the weekend!  I have received 9 blue ribbons from the recipes that I have submitted.  The blue ribbons are given out to recipes that have been taste tested by the kitchen crew. If they think your recipe is great you get a blue ribbon. The recipe club has over 100,000 members. So to get that many blue ribbon means I must be doing something right! I also have the privilege to be part of the honorary kitchen crew. I now get to taste test members recipes and decide if they deserve a blue ribbon. Now I have made some friends on there but the Real kitchen crew gives me a member's name and ask me to pick a few recipes to test from that member. That way I'm not just handing out blue ribbons to my friends. Anyway it is a great recipe club and I encourage others to join. You don't even have to post recipes to be a member. It is fun to find new recipes and to make new friends. Also it is FREE! So what are you waiting for?
Here is the article about me from Janet ( the head chef) at Just pinch.                                                            CLICK ME TO READ THE ARTICLE!

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Red! So proud of you, and yes you are an amazing cook, Josh and the kids are pretty lucky to have you as their personal chef. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting!!!!!!! I can't wait to read about your trip to Nashville!!!!!

    ReplyDelete